Kia Orana from the Cook Islands,
In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you personally about what we are doing at Pacific Resort Hotel Group to support you and your travel plans to the Cook Islands. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility.
At this point in time we are fortunate the Cook Islands are currently free of COVID-19, and our government, people and resorts are doing all we can to keep it this way for as long as possible.
Your Travel Flexibility
For travellers affected by international travel restrictions we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
COVID19 Flexible Travel Policy – Book with Confidence:
- Book DIRECT with us and if things change we will refund any money within 5 working days if you are unable to travel due to COVID-19 border restrictions.
- Free change of date or full cancellation on all new and existing FIT bookings for current stay dates to 31 October 2021 to allow revised stay dates up to 30 June 2022*.
- For current stay dates from 01 November 2021 we will offer free date changes for revised stay dates up to June 2022*. Standard cancellation policies and fees apply to full cancellations.
- For any bookings that are impacted by Government border restrictions or ill health (medical certificate essential), resulting from Covid-19, we will offer free date change or full cancellation and waive any cancellation or amendment fees.
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance for all other unforeseen circumstances that may result in cancellation or any other claim.
* All date change and cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to arrival. 100% cancellation fees apply if within 24 hours.
Note – Flexible cancellation policy applies to FIT bookings only and excludes non-refundable Luxury Escapes packages or Bartercard bookings. These bookings are eligible for free date changes, not full cancellation and refund. Ask our team about our flexible COVID groups policy if you are holding an event with us.
Your Travel Safety
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to COVID-19, we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our resort teams are receiving ongoing daily briefings and enhanced operating procedures.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued to use hospital-grade disinfectant standards.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitisers.
At Pacific Resort Hotel Group, we believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. Whether you are travelling now or in future, our team are ready to welcome you with the wonderful Kia Orana spirit you have come to expect.
Aro’a nui (warm regards),
Chief Executive Officer – Pacific Resort Hotel Group
Please see our video below on how we are keeping our properties, staff, and guests (upon their return) safe.