30 March 2020
Kia Orana from the Cook Islands,
In these uncertain times, I wanted to reach out to you personally about what we are doing at Pacific Resort Hotel Group to support you and your travel plans to the Cook Islands. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility.
At this point in time we are fortunate the Cook Islands are currently free of COVID-19, and our government, people and resorts are doing all we can to keep it this way for as long as possible.
Your Travel Safety
As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to COVID-19, we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
- Our resort teams are receiving ongoing daily briefings and enhanced operating procedures.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued to use hospital-grade disinfectant standards.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitisers.
Your Travel Flexibility
For travellers affected by international travel restrictions we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Travel Restrictions. Our date change policy is on a case by case basis, and fluid at this stage. If you are denied entry into the Cook Islands as a result of COVID-19 travel restrictions, we will amend your stay dates free of charge and without penalty (subject to availability) to any time between 1st May 2020 and 31st October 2021 on the same rate and package you are currently booked on.
- We are currently working on travel dates to 31 May 2020.
- If your travel is in the next 48 hours only, please contact our central reservation team on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to make a change to your reservation and booked this directly with Pacific Resort Hotel Group, please submit your request on our date change form here
- If you have booked through another travel site or travel agent please contact them directly for assistance.
At Pacific Resort Hotel Group, we believe it is in challenging times like these that the power of hospitality is needed most of all. Whether you are travelling now or in future, our team are ready to welcome you with the wonderful Kia Orana spirit you have come to expect.
Aro’a nui (warm regards),
Chief Executive Officer – Pacific Resort Hotel Group
Hand Sanitiser is available in all public areas of our properties.
We encourage regular use of this product at all times for staff and guests alike.
ROOM & PUBLIC AREA CARE
All of our rooms are held to an exacting level of hygiene and cleanliness.
We are also vigilant with thorough sanitizing practices in all rooms, public areas and ‘back of house’ for your safety.
PEOPLE ARE OUR PRIORITY
We know this is an unsettling time. Please rest assured that we are doing all we can to ensure our current and future guests are well supported.
If your travel is still some time in the future, we recommend waiting until closer to departure to make any decisions, rather than changing your travel plans now.
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS TO THE COOK ISLANDS